• Music lover. Singer songwriter. Live sound engineer.
• Grew up in the woods of northern New Jersey where riding dirt bikes and camping were a way of life.
• Loves getting his hands dirty whether it’s carpentry, cars, or helping a friend with projects of their own.
• New York Giants • New York Yankees • Boston Bruins
Mark Masefield Mazzella (project manager)
• Full time touring/recording musician; Has been touring the United States and Europe as a keyboard player since 2008. Currently touring with Dave Hause.
• Grew up cruising in mom's 96 Primetime Ram van for travel ice hockey, lacrosse, baseball, boy scouts, band practices, etc.
• Owned a '94 Ram van, '96 Chevy Conversion, '03 Chevy Blue Bird bus, and a '16 Ford Transit, crossing the country countless times for both vacation and touring work.
• Has his high school van "The Nightrider," tattooed on his arm
Rochdale College Class of ‘72
Dolores Dios (understands how business actually works)
• Serial entrepreneur who used to rehab and flip houses
• Danced on the roof of Furthur at Woodstock '69
• Now into a collaborative partnership offering a distinctive nomadic lifestyle
• Logged many miles from Rochdale College (Toronto) to Rochdale Farm (Ottawa Valley) onboard communal Boogie Bus
Katie Garrett Mazzella (manages the project manager)
• Master of DIY projects as varied as crochet sweaters, refinished dressers, t-shirt quilts, and piano bars
• Master of Urban Planning
• Works in Farmland Preservation with NJ's Department of Agriculture
• Favorite vacations are road trips across the country in our Jeep (configured into a camper) from NJ > NM, and back up to TN, and again in a rented budget camper van across parks in UT and NV.
• Loves to create with fabric as a seamstress and costumer
• Has been designing costumes for various theater productions since 2012
• Currently working with Playtime Costumes, and as a freelance seamstress
• Wants to outfit a cat friendly van so she can take her precious Mango to see the country
Natalie Newbold (graphic artist and stripe designer)
• Is no stranger to #VanLife and has been a touring musician since 2010. Currently she’s on the road with her band Well Wisher and is the touring bass player for The Front Bottoms
• When Nat is home she is a freelance graphic designer, illustrator, logo and branding creator, photographer and video editor for local businesses and bands in and around Asbury Park, NJ
• Converted a 16” box truck with her bandmates into a touring machine with bunks, couches, power, AC and heat!
• Has her current van, “Mav,” tattooed on her leg
What do you get when an entrepreneur, a full time musician, and a live sound engineer walk into a room? Jasper Vans!
Jasper Vans was created during the height of COVID-19. While quarantined, Mark Masefield parted ways from his band, and was stuck with not only a 15 passenger van, but the large monthly payment that comes along with it. With COVID shuttering live music venues, no work in sight, and the endless cycle of bills, he frantically priced the vehicle for what he owed and not what it was actually worth. He brought the van down to Ocean Ave with a for sale sign that read, "Perfect for a camper conversion!" This caught the eye of his beach town neighbor, Dolores Dios. She knew she wasn't quite ready for her own van yet, but being the go-getter she is, she contacted Mark and said, "I've flipped real estate, let's flip vans!"
With Dios and her husband Tom's entrepreneurial ventures, and with Masefield and his wife Katie's experience with DIY projects, the four partnered up. The first van was a series of trials and tribulations, but also quite the learning experience. Having to use multiple builders, and with supply chain issues, the van ended up taking nearly a year and a half to complete. This experience of juggling the constant obstacles set the team up for a new and strong relationship.
While at the Wonderbar, a legendary venue in Asbury Park, Masefield ran into his buddy Frank Natale. The musician/sound engineer relationship is innately built on trust and they had a great working relationship. Frank had previously designed and built over 20 vans, so it was a no brainer when they started talking about working on vans together. With tons of new ideas, a creative mind, and hands-on experience, Frank came on board as a part of the team.
The Jasper Van family is growing… We hope to see you on the road!